A Community Plan is a way for local people to express what they feel are the needs for their area, and to plan future action. The last Community Plan ran from 2011-16 so we have now developed a new one through consultation with many different groups and individuals. It is now complete. It is not only a reference document for the actions that groups and individuals can usefully take to help keep Alston Moor a good place to live and work, but it is also evidence of community support for projects for which grant money is sought.
Please scroll down and read it here or download it to your device (below). You can also pick up a hard copy in Local Links at the Town Hall. Please email us if you need support with getting your own copy. Thanks.
This fund is available for small expenses incurred in connection with progressing the Community Plan
This funding is intended for small projects and we expect most requests to be in the region of £5 to £50 but will consider requests of up to £100.
Application is simple.
All you need to do is:
Contact us to check that the expenditure would be eligible by emailing our admin email with the following information:
* which action or actions in the Community Plan your activity is supporting (we can help you with this if you are unsure)
* a brief description of what you are doing
* an estimate of the expected expenditure
If we agree to financially support your activity (we will let you know very speedily):
* make sure you itemise all your expenditure and keep your receipts
* use the following text on any publicity: ‘Supported by Alston Moor Partnership Community Plan fund’.
* keep records so you can provide written feedback on what you have done.
To claim your expenses after completing the activity/project:
* send us copies of all your receipts (scanned receipts are acceptable) and your bank details for us to make the payment.
Be sure to include examples of your publicity (if any) and a short description to tell us how your project went.
Please send your request for reimbursement to our admin email
If we have any queries, we will get back to you.
Otherwise, we will aim to pay you within 14 days of receiving your claim.